You are here

Frequently asked questions

Here are the most asked questions and answers.  However, if you do not see your questions here, please contact Engineering Alumni Affairs.

How do I order my replacement Iron Ring?

You can order your replacement Iron Ring by mail or by attending your reunion where Iron Ring Wardens will be present. To order your Iron Ring by mail, please visit the How to Obtain a Replacement Iron Ring web page.

How do I obtain an Iron Ring if I did not receive my BASc from the University of Waterloo or any other accredited Canadian post-secondary institution?

Please contact the Wardens of Camp 15 Waterloo directly via email.

How do I find my classmate(s)?

To find your classmate(s), please sign up for the free uWaterloo Alumni E-community where you will have access to an on-line alumni directory as well as other services. We can no longer give out class lists due to privacy laws in Canada.

How do I order a copy of my university transcript?

To order a copy of your transcript, please visit the Registrar's Office website and follow the outlined directions.

How do I submit a Class Note for the next issue of WEAL?

To submit a Class Note for the next issue of WEAL, please send us an email (optional: if you would like to submit a photo with your Class Note, please send it as an attachment with your email).

How do I update my contact information or e-mail address?

To update your address and/or e-mail, please complete the on-line update address form. Or, if you prefer, you can e-mail the Alumni Associate with your contact information update.

How do I have my reunion year changed? eg: I graduated in 1971 but I want to attend reunions for the class of 1970.

Please e-mail your request to Joanne Hall in the Office of Alumni Affairs, who maintains the alumni records.

How do I make a donation to the Faculty of Engineering or the University of Waterloo?

To make a gift or a pledge with a credit card, please complete the on-line form or download the printable form (PDF).

To make a gift with a cheque, please make the cheque payable to the "University of Waterloo" and mail it to the following address:

Office of Development
Carl Pollock Hall 4301
Faculty of Engineering
University of Waterloo
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada N2L 3G1

An official Income Tax Receipt will be issued upon payment of the gift.