First-year Accounting and Finance Living-Learning Community
Join the Accounting and Finance Living-Learning Community and live with peers who share your drive for success and interest in accounting and financial management.
In addition to living with and learning from your peers, you will also have support from your Peer Leader – an upper-year student who has taken similar courses and can connect you with the people and resources you need to succeed.
Your Peer Leader will also organize programs that will enhance your in-class learning and help you reach your fullest potential as a student and an aspiring professional.
Planned Living-Learning programs examples:
- academic enrichment activities such as writing clinics and research and resource workshops
- organized dinners with faculty members, alumni and upper-year students
- study sessions for core courses such as AFM 101 and MATH 109
- academic information sessions
- assistance with developing your ePortfolio (an online portfolio which showcases your learning over time)
About Village 1
The Accounting and Finance community will be in Village 1, one of our traditional-style residence buildings.
In Village 1, you’ll be part of a dynamic environment where you can meet up with friends and grab a late night snack from the cafeteria, relax by playing some basketball at the outdoor court, or get some work done in one of the study rooms.
The Accounting and Finance community is open to all first-year students entering one of the following programs:
- Accounting & Financial Management
- Biotechnology/Chartered Accounting and Finance
- Computing & Financial Management
- Mathematics/Chartered Accounting and Finance
How to get involved
Indicate your interest in the Living-Learning Community on the Residence Community Ranking Form.