We help you secure funds
Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology (WIN)-assisted funding applications have a higher chance of success. We have the experience, contacts, resources and reach across campus and industry to help write a winning proposal.
WIN is a "scientific" business office. We understand science. We understand granting programs. We know how to write a business plan, a budget, a commercialization strategy, and how technology can impact Canadian industry and society. And if we don’t know…we can find out. This way, a WIN research can focus on developing the "core" proposal... a truly compelling, well crafted scientific vision...while leaving the rest to us.
For major proposals, we can hire a writer, solicit co-investigators, secure letters of support and help manage the submission process. For example, the following is the assistance provided to WIN members applied to the Ontario Research Fund (ORF) program.
- Dr Arthur Carty to review and advise.
- WIN office to provide dedicated administrative and proposal development support.
- WIN to lead, organize, coordinate and/or advocate where required with senior administration, inter-departmental, inter-institutional.
- WIN to provide on-going management support of successful proposals.
- Liaise with the Office of Research
- Track deadlines
- Provide ORF policy expertise
- Secure letters of support (university, industry, partners)
- Secure internal signatures, University of Waterloo cover sheet
- Make 12 copies of proposal (requirement)
- Mail and follow-up to confirm receipt of proposal by MRI
- Help in organizing interdisciplinary teams/projects
- Writing (WIN will directly assist in writing the following sections)
- Section 12: Strategic Value for Ontario
- Section 14: Commercialization Implementation Plan
- Section 15: Commercialization Management Plan
- Section 16: Commercialization Financial Strategy
- Section 17: Intellectual Property
- Section 22: Youth Outreach Plan
- Overall proposal review and advice
- Industry business development
WIN has organized and assisted in the successful approvals of 3 ORF applications and 5 Going Global
These funding programs are designed to establish international research collaboration. Securing funding to establish international research collaboration via Going Global applications. To date, WIN has successfully written Going Global applications for India (2), Japan (2), Israel and more are planned for the future.