Scheduling, Timetabling, and Examinations Project (STEP)
Welcome to the Scheduling, Timetabling, and Examinations Project's (STEP) website! The project initiated in the latter part of 2011. When the project is completed it is expected to deliver a scheduling and timetabling process that enhances our current process.
Some of the more significant benefits the project is expected to deliver are:
- produce a course schedule that meets the pedagogical needs of students and instructors
- develop a student demand-centric course schedule
- ensure efficient use of classroom space
- produce more conflict-free schedules
- assist in ensuring timely degree completion
- eliminate paper-based processes and the reduction of lead times required to schedule
As process improvements are introduced the project has the ultimate goal of striking a productive and reasonable balance between a commitment to teaching, research, scholarship, and service.