The 3D Print Centre offers professional-grade 3D printing for current students, faculty and staff at the University of Waterloo. These printers can rapidly produce parts in a variety of materials, bringing ideas to reality.
At the 3D Print Centre, we have the ability to print in four different materials: ABS, PC-ABS, PC (polycarbonate), and nylon.
- ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) is a flexible material, although it is not as strong as PC. It is available in many colours such as white, black, ivory, dark grey, blue and red. Please inquire to which colours are available at the current time.
- PC-ABS, the most popular material, is a hybrid of PC and ABS which combines the strength of PC with the flexibility of ABS. PC-ABS is only available in black.
- PC (polycarbonate) has the greatest heat resistance and strength. It is very accurate and is mostly used for prints with precise moving parts and/or that will be under high temperatures. PC is not a flexible material. PC is only available in white.
- Nylon, an incredibly strong and functional FDM material with great chemical resistance properties. This material is only available in black.
We offer to print in two different resolutions: standard and enhanced.
- 0.013 of an inch slice height/layer height. This resolution is available for ABS and PC-ABS.
- 0.005 of an inch slice height/layer height for ABS and PC-ABS
- 0.007 of an inch slice height/layer height for PC.
- 0.010 of an inch slice height/layer height for Nylon.
Note: PC and Nylon are only available in enhanced resolution.
We offer three choices regarding the density or interior fill of the part.
- Solid (100% fill)
- Double Dense Sparse (~60% fill)
- Sparse (~30% fill)
Pricing is based on the resolution chosen:
|Resolutions||Undergraduate Students||Masters, PhD, Staff, Faculty Members|
Any member of the university community can have their parts printed. For more information, visit the 3D Print Centre in E5-2002, email at email@example.com or call 519-888-4567x33917.