The price charged for printing is based on the cost of consumables. You will be charged based on the volume of material used, the resolution you choose, and a minimum of $1.95 build sheet fee.
Pricing for volume of material used is charged on a per inch basis and differs regarding what layer thickness/resolution is chosen:
|Layer Thicknesses/Resolutions||Undergraduate Students||Masters, PhD, Staff, Faculty Members|
Not all layer thicknesses/resolution are available for each material. The available pairings are as follows:
- ABS and PC-ABS Black are available in both the standard and enhanced layer thicknesses.
- PC-White and Nylon are only available in enhanced resolution.
This setting is in regards how dense you want the inside of your part to be, as the lower the density, the lesser material used. The options offered are:
- Solid: Fully solid 3D print, 100% in fill.
- Sparse: Least dense, approximately 30% in fill.
- Double Dense Sparse: Twice as dense as sparse, approximately 60% in fill.