University of Waterloo economic impact study 2013
- University of Waterloo generates $2.6 billion in total annual spending impacts.
- For every dollar the Government of Ontario spends on the University of Waterloo, the university returns nearly nine times ($8.80) in economic impacts to the province.
- University of Waterloo generates 20,000 jobs in Ontario.
- In 2011, the University of Waterloo received $297 million from the Government of Ontario, generating $2.6 billion in spending impacts and more than $1.4 billion in labour income.
- Highlights of the economic impact study 2013
World-changing research connects Waterloo to all corners of the globe, and has a direct impact on the way we live, work, play and learn.
Teaching at Waterloo has always been less about delivering knowledge, and more about opening doors to discovery.
Waterloo is an entrepreneurial ecosystem where technological leaders and startup founders share the same goal: to bring innovative and world–changing ideas to the global marketplace.
At the University of Waterloo, we share our research, our expertise, and our time, as well as opening our doors to the communities we share.
Waterloo leads the way.
Awards and honours
University of Waterloo attracts many of the world’s top researchers, students and faculty.