Alumni Relations, in partnership with the Centre for Career Action, provides career advising services for Waterloo alumni.
Our alumni career advisors are available for individual appointments in person, by Skype and by phone. Some evening appointments are available by request. The career advisors can help you:
- determine your career direction or plan a career change
- assess factors important to you in your career development
- improve your résumé, cover letter and interview skills
- develop work search strategies including social media
- identify your personal brand
Book an appointment
Follow the instructions on the Centre for Career Action website to log in and schedule your appointment.
- up to 3 free, confidential, individual appointments (non-transferrable)
- discounted rates if you would like more than 3 appointments ($40/appointment, discounted from $100+/hour)
- subsidized career assessments (approximately $15-$27 per assessment compared to $150+)
Online job searching
Did you know that, as an alumnus, you also have access to the Alumni job board within WaterlooWorks? You can search WaterlooWorks for jobs posted specifically for Waterloo alumni!
The Centre for Career Action has created Career Hub to guide you through the career development process. There are online modules within to help you prepare for and get the most out of your appointment time.
The Centre for Career Action main site will also refer you to additional information on these topics via links to other websites and resources.