- AHS has one permanent computer lab with 12 Windows computers and one mobile lab of 20 Windows laptops
- The permanent lab is located in BMH-1034 - near the elevators in BMH. Software on these computers consists of general productivity and statistical analysis software. The lab is open 7 days a week from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- The mobile computing lab can be used for teaching in rooms located in the main AHS building complex (AHS, BMH, LHN, LHS). The lab should be booked well in advance and allow time for pick-up and drop-off. For details see Mobile Computing Lab.
- Any specialized software required on the computers must be arranged well in advance (minimum 3 weeks prior to the start of term). Any costs associated with software licensing is the responsibility of the requesting individual or department. Contact email@example.com to request software installation on lab computers
Teaching/seminar/meeting rooms and equipment
Teaching and Seminar rooms in AHS have a variety of hardware. Some have podium computers whereas others have projectors/TVs with no podium. In rooms with podium computers, VGA and/or HDMI cables are provided for use with laptops. Best to scout it out ahead of time.
Also see IST's "Room Instructional Technology Listing" for what's available in Registrar-controlled rooms around campus (you will be prompted for your username and password).
AHS-1689 (large lecture hall)
- This is the only Registrar-controlled room in AHS. AHS Computing can assist with how to use the room but cannot assist if equipment is broken or not working correctly. There is a phone in the podium that can be used to call central IT staff that support the room.
- As with all Registrar-controlled rooms, you must have a security fob to unlock the podium and start the equipment. These fobs must be renewed by the owner on a term-by-term, room-by-room basis. The renewal process is straight-forward and relatively quick using an online form on the IST website
- Podium computer use NEXUS domain accounts for login. All support laptop connections (usually VGA and/or HDMI but best to check ahead of time to see if an adapter is needed to use your laptop) Intel Unite Rooms AHS has started deploying Intel Unite computers in some seminar rooms. These feature wireless display options allowing people in the room to connect and display from their computers or mobile devices using an installed client software/app. Download instructions are displayed on the screen. Teaching and Seminar rooms in AHS have a variety of hardware. Some have podium computers whereas others have projectors/TVs with no podium. In rooms with podium computers, VGA and/or HDMI cables are provided for use with laptops. Again, best to scout it out ahead of time
|Laptop connection||Projector/TV||Controls||Other notes|
|AHS-1686||40||Y||HDMI, VGA||Projector||Crestron Touch Panel||Video and Audio Conference capable. See instructions.|
|AHS-2677||20||Y||HDMI, Intel Unite||TV||
|BMH-1048||12||N||HDMI||TV||TV Remote||See instructions.|
|BMH-2216||12||N||HDMI||TV||TV Remote||Video and Audio Conference capable. See instructions.|
|BMH-3023||16||N||VGA||TV||None||TV on/off top right|
|BMH-3119||24||Y||VGA||Projector||Wall plate||Board Room|
|LHN-1703||20||Y||HDMI, Intel Unite||TV||TV Remote||See instructions.|
|LHN-2703||24||Y||HDMI, Intel Unite||TV||TV Remote||See instructions.|
|LHS-1621||90||Y||HDMI, VGA||Projector||Crestron Touch Panel||Sun Life Auditorium. See instructions.|
|TJB-1061||16||N||HDMI||Projector||Wall plate||HDMI cable available at CCARE reception desk.|