Suspicious email, including attachments which are password protected, are quarantined. Each day, a digest of the quarantined messages are sent via email. Here's a sample of the digest.
To gain access to these messages visit, https://quarantine.uwaterloo.ca.
Login using your UW credentials.
Once logged in, there are options for the following.
- Click Quarantine to view all of the messages that are currently in your quarantine (i.e. are marked as spam).
- You can search these emails, release selected emails, mark selected emails as not spam, allow the sender of selected emails, or use the Options menu to request a new end user digest email.
The most common task is Release and Allow Sender. This is used when a message is quarantined accidentally. Simply select the message, then click on Release and Allow Sender.
Ohio State has produced a useful tutorial on how to release an email.
Other common tasks include creating Safe Senders List and Block Senders List.
- Click Lists to access your Safe Senders List and Blocked Senders List.
- In the Lists folder, you will see your safe senders list and your blocked senders list.
- For each list, you can add, edit, and delete email addresses. You can also use the Options menu to request the lists to be emailed to you.