The next Applied Health Sciences (AHS) HeForShe meeting will be held on Friday, April 29 from 12 - 1:30 in BMH 3119.
- Light refreshments will be provided
- If you've attended before, bring a friend!
We will discuss United Nations and UWaterloo updates as well as hear from our workgroups on what's been accomplished this term and what is coming up for Spring and Fall.
The University of Waterloo is one of the ten leading universities participating in the UN Women’s HeForShe campaign.
From 2015 to 2020 our university aims to achieve the following goals:
- Boost female student participation in STEM experiences and academic careers to build the pipeline of future female leaders in traditionally male dominated disciplines
- Enhance female faculty representation to improve the campus environment today and drive towards parity in the future
- Attract and advance female leaders into senior academic and administrative university positions
Faculty of Applied Health Sciences HeForShe has held three meetings since the beginning of the campaign to assess the particular needs of our Faculty and to plan initiatives to be employed during the campaign period.
Activities are ongoing now! So, if you want to learn more about AHS HeForShe and promote gender equality in our Faculty come and join us on April 29.
For more information about the meeting or AHS HeForShe, contact Corey Johnson.
200 University Avenue West
Waterloo, ON N2L 3G1