If you want to learn more about AHS HeForShe and promote gender equality in our Faculty come and join us!
What we are working on for 2017/2018?
- A campaign that highlights the importance of playing with dolls for boys
- Strengthening the gender equity component in AHS 107 with discussion sections facilitated by HeForShe advocates
- Co-sponsorship of an initiative to improve health services for Trans* individuals on campus and in our community
- Continued co-sponsorship of positive masculinity workshops across UWaterloo
- Brown Bag Luncheon presenting results on a recent study by Ellen MacEachen, Sally Gunz, Rashmee Singh and Corey Johnson that explored why some pre-tenure women do not access leaves and accommodations. Findings provide insight into how disclosure conditions and processes can be reformed to improve retention of pre-tenure women, foster successful careers, and instill sense of belonging and respectful engagement at the University of Waterloo.
...plus whatever you envision and bring to our next meeting!!
So, whether you are a returning work group member or an enthusiastic newcomer, please join us. Staff, students and faculty participate equally.
The University of Waterloo is one of the ten leading universities participating in the UN Women’s HeForShe campaign.
From 2015 to 2020 our university aims to achieve the following goals:
- Boost female student participation in STEM experiences and academic careers to build the pipeline of future female leaders in traditionally male dominated disciplines
- Enhance female faculty representation to improve the campus environment today and drive towards parity in the future
- Attract and advance female leaders into senior academic and administrative university positions
Faculty of Applied Health Sciences HeForShe has held meetings since the beginning of the campaign to assess the particular needs of our Faculty and to plan initiatives to be employed during the campaign period.
For more information about the meeting or AHS HeForShe, contact Corey Johnson.