What I like best about my program
My favourite parts of being in Kinesiology are the people that I have met, the opportunities outside of the classroom to have unique experiences, and the course content. Each course has piqued my interest and has given me the chance to explore deeper into the topics I have always been fascinated by. I have enjoyed meeting others who share my passions. And finally, I have really enjoyed the experiences outside of the classroom that have helped me come out of my shell and be the spirited and outgoing person I am today!
Outside the classroom
Outside of the classroom, I'm involved with:
- UW WELL-FIT
- WeCONNECTu, Applied Health Sciences (AHS) peer mentor
- Orientation Week for AHS and Student Success Office
- Hardy Hearts, a cardiac rehabilitation program
- Strength and Conditioning Coach Internship
- School of Anatomy Volunteer
- Kinesiology representative on the AHS endowment fund board
- AHS Ambassador
- Research Assistant in the Department of Kinesiology
- Embedded Mental Health Committee, Co-operative and Experiential Education (CEE)
- Physiotherapy assistant/kinesiologist, physiotherapy clinic
- Recruitment, Marketing and Events Associate, AHS Dean's Office
- Research Assistant
- Co-operative Student Experience Associate for CEE
One more thing to know about me
I love reading and meaningful quotes or "words that inspire, words that embrace, words that I found where in need of a place."
Contact me if you have any questions about Kinesiology, co-op, living-learning communities, getting involved, orientation, or if you just want to chat!