What I like best about my program
I love how there are so many different opportunities outside the class to broaden and deepen my understanding of concepts taught in class. From volunteering in kinesiology labs, participating in lab studies, dissecting cadavers for the School of Anatomy, and working with varsity athletes - there are so many ways to get involved in the Kinesiology community and have fun at the same time!
Outside the classroom
There are so many opportunities outside of the classroom to get involved with! These are some things that I've done or am currently doing:
- Student Trainer with UW Therapy and UW Athletics and Recreation
- Orientation Leader, and Event Coordinator for Orientation week 2019
- Volunteer Prosection Training Program (VPTP) with the School of Anatomy
- Residence Life Don (an upper-year student who lives in residence with first years)
- Kinesiology Representative on Applied Health Science Undergraduate Members (AHSUM)
- Special Events Residence Ambassador
- Marketing Advisory Board (MAB) within Campus Housing
- Intramural Dodgeball
- Student Kinesiologist
- Athletic Therapy Clinic Assistant at University of Waterloo Athletics & Recreation
One more thing to know about me
I discovered my passion for baking while living in residence during first year!
Feel free to contact me about Residence Life, how to get involved, and how to make the most of your first year!