Please note that until further notice, most in-person meetings have been suspended. However, support is still avallable in other ways:
On Campus, regular hours
Counselling Services, Needles Hall expansion, 2nd floor. Call 519-888-4567, ext. 32655.
- Currently providing services by phone from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. To book an appointment, please call 519-888-4567, ext. 32655.
UW MATES, one-on-one peer support program offered by the Waterloo Undergraduate Student Association (WUSA)
- Online via Skype to undergraduate students. To set up an appointment, please contact email@example.com
Health Services, located across the creek from the Student Life Centre
- Currently providing urgent primary care medical appointments between Monday and Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. To book an appointment, please call 519-888-4096.
- Online peer support for the LGBTQ2+ community via Skype to undergraduate students. To set up an appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Online peer support via Skype to undergraduate students. To set up an appointment, please contact email@example.com
- Advice from the Office of Human Rights, Equity and Inclusion on how to handle this type of abuse.
Download the WatSafe app to your phone to quickly access mental health support information.
Off Campus, 24/7
- Free confidential helpline providing professional counselling and referrals for mental health, addictions and well-being for post-secondary students. Call 1-866-925-5454.
- Waterloo Region’s Mental Health and Crisis Services, run by the Canadian Mental Health Association. Call 1-844-437-3247 or visit here247.ca
- A confidential mental health and wellness service that connects students with qualified counsellors 24/7. They can be reached at 1-844-741-6389.
- Emergency care for mental health crises, 834 King Street West, Kitchener. Call 519-749-4300 ext. 6880.
- 24-hour support line at 519-741-8633 for anyone who has experienced sexual violence.
If you're faculty or staff:
Register with the Employee and Family Assistance Program to receive free support services and workshops, or call 1-800-663-1142.