On Campus, regular hours
Counselling Services, Needles Hall expansion, 2nd floor. Call 519-888-4567, ext. 32655.
- Campus Wellness Workshops and Services to help you enhance your personal success.
- Emergency/same-day appointments, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Walk-in 90-minute appointments, Wednesday and Thursday, 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Book-ahead appointments, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
UW MATES, one-on-one peer support program offered by the Federation of Students (FEDS)
- Tuesdays and Fridays, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. in BMH 2219, or by appointment. Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Services, located across the creek from the Student Life Centre
- Emergency service, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Students will be seen briefly and given a follow-up appointment or referral.
Download the WatSafe app to your phone to quickly access mental health support information.
Off Campus, 24/7
- Free confidential helpline providing professional counselling and referrals for mental health, addictions and well-being for post-secondary students. Call 1-866-925-5454.
- Waterloo Region’s Mental Health and Crisis Services, run by the Canadian Mental Health Association. Call 1-844-437-3247 or visit here247.ca
- Emergency care for mental health crises, 834 King Street West, Kitchener. Call 519-749-4300 ext. 6880.
- 24-hour support line at 519-741-8633 for anyone who has experienced sexual violence.
If you're faculty or staff:
Register with the Employee and Family Assistance Program to receive free support services and workshops, or call 1-800-663-1142.