In the Faculty of Applied Health Sciences (AHS), your professors in Kinesiology, the School of Public Health and Health Systems, and Recreation and Leisure Studies collaborate with organizations like Health Canada, the Canadian Cancer Society, and the World Tourism Organization. These partnerships play a key role in providing students with an authentic learning environment in which to develop strong professional skills.
Because learning extends beyond the classroom, AHS offers rich experiential education opportunities, including:
- Waterloo's world renowned co-operative education program
- An experiential education certificate program (EDGE) for non-co-op students
- a hands-on School of Anatomy with human cadavers and specimens
- Kinesiology lab facilities for movement assessment and treatment
- Recreation and Leisure undergraduate practicum and internship experiences
- Fully online and blended Master’s programs in the School of Public Health and Health Systems for working professionals