This page provides information for faculty and students on return to campus guidelines as it relates to department operations. The page will be updated as public health measures evolve and university directives change. For up-to-date information from the University about coronavirus, please see the COVID-19 website.
August 22, 2022 (for Fall 2022):
- All in-person instruction resumes.
- Proof of vaccination is no longer required. The university reserves the right to reinstate the requirement should prevailing conditions warrant.
- Masks are not mandatory, but we are a “mask friendly” and wearing a mask is an easy way to protect yourself and the people around you against most airborne diseases.
- University administration will not hesitate to bring back a requirement to wear masks if the situation requires it at any point during the term.
- Research labs and meeting spaces are open for use following the current safety protocols.
When accessing campus please review the general rules that apply:
- COVID-19 guidelines for Instructional space, a resource for instructors and TAs that cover the latest safety protocols for in-person teaching.
- COVID-19 guidelines Faculty of Math, covers topics on teaching, shared work areas, meetings and events under the Faculty of Math purview.
MC building hours (AM location): open [24 hours, 7 days a week]
*New* Department Office hours
Effective, February 2022, our staff have been participating in a pilot hybrid work schedule in accordance with university Work from Home guidelines. Staff who can satisfy their job requirements while working from home can do so up to a maximum of two days. We continue to be accessible and responsive on both outlook and TEAMs, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Please contact us at email@example.com if you require assistance. We welcome your input.
For further information visit Math Faculty website: COVID-19 information for faculty and staff | Mathematics | University of Waterloo (uwaterloo.ca)