You are here

Additional Information

Tuition and fees

For information on tuition and incidental fees visit Student Financial Services.

The Master of Architecture is a Coursework/Research based program.  Fees are assessed on a term-by-term basis.

Funding/Scholarship Information

Teaching Assistantships/Research Assistantships

Teaching assistantship (TA) positions are open to graduate students in good standing in the Master of Architecture program. The School of Architecture will make information about the TA positions available to graduate students prior to the start of each academic term. Applications will be required on a term-by-term basis.

There may be Research Assistantship opportunities within the School of Architecture, dependent upon Faculty member grant funding and requirements.

Tri-Agency (CIHR, NSERC, SSHRC) Canada Graduate Scholarships (CGS-M)

These scholarships are awarded to top domestic (Canadian and permanent resident) students. The value of these awards ranges from $17,500/year to $35,000/year. The competition for these awards is administerd once per year normally in the Fall with applications due by the beginning of December. 

Detailed information including the application deadline is available on the Graduate Studies Office external awards web page.

Ontario Graduate Scholarship

The Ontario Graduate Scholarship (OGS) is a merit-based scholarship. Students in all disciplines of academic study are eligible to apply.   Students must apply for the OGS at the institution where they want to hold it. For more information and how to apply, visit the Graduate Studies Office Ontario Graduate Scholarship web page. 

Loans, Bursaries, and Other Assistance Programs

OSAP provides various types of assistance based on financial need to eligible students.

For full details on OSAP and out of province student loans visit Student Awards and Financial Aid

University of Waterloo Bursaries and Assistance

Waterloo provides a variety of bursaries for students who find themselves in financial need, including Graduate Birth and Parental Leave, Research Travel Assistantship, and Day Care Bursaries. For additional busaries, emergency loans, and graduate scholarship resources please visit the Graduate Studies Office financial need funding web page or the database web page.

University of Waterloo Awards

The University’s central Graduate Studies Office provides information about scholarships and financial aid, and maintains a searchable database of awards for which you may be eligible.

International Student Funding

Please visit the International Funding  page for information on bursaries and scholarship opportunities.  Please note the Master of Architecture is not an eligible program for the International Master and Doctoral Student Awards.


The School of Architecture is located in Cambridge, Ontario.   There are no residences operated by the University of Waterloo, students live in private housing accommodations.  Visit Off-Campus Housing for local rental listings.