Huawei Graduate Scholarships in AI
The Waterloo AI Institute wishes to thank Huawei for providing the Huawei Graduate Scholarships in AI, valued at $10,000 each. These will be awarded annually to selected graduate students who are conducting research with supervisors affiliated with the Artificial Intelligence Institute at the University of Waterloo.
Eligibility & Selection
- Graduate students must be registered full time in a master’s or doctoral program who are conducting research under supervisors affiliated with the Artificial Intelligence Institute at the University of Waterloo.
- Selection to be based on academic achievement (minimum 80% cumulative average in their current program) and demonstrated expertise in artificial intelligence.
- Students should submit a letter (maximum two pages) describing their expertise in artificial intelligence to the Co-Directors of the AI Institute by September 30.
- A committee including the co-directors of the Artificial Intelligence Institute, other members of the Institute, and a representative from Huawei will select recipients in October of each year.
- Successful applicants will showcase their work to Huawei representatives at the end of the year.
- Students are not eligible to receive the award more than once during their current program.