Arts 101 is a one-day, free program held in the summer for all incoming Arts students and their parents, or family members on Tuesday July 16, 2019.
- Registration is NOW OPEN - the day runs from 8:30am - 4:30pm
- See the schedule for the day for students and parents
- Get parking information
Your day as a student
During your day here, you will:
- Get to know your new classmates, upper-year students, and key members of the Arts community
- Speak with some of your professors and advisors
- Learn how to be successful in your university classes
- Experience Arts-specific sessions based on your program
- Meet your key support units and learn how you'll be supported as a student in the Faculty of Arts.
Being able to meet and talk with other first years, upper years, and faculty and staff eased my mind about moving away to school... I learned a lot about the moving process and starting university and realized it wasn't as scary as I thought.
Your day as a parent
Last year, 100% of parents recommended attending Arts 101 to future parents! During your visit to the University of Waterloo, you will:
- Get the opportunity to meet with some of the staff and professors that will work with your student
- Learn more about the resources accessible on campus for your student and you
- Understand the academic expectations your student will face
- Gain a clearer understanding of how to help your student through their university experience
The day was a pleasure and highly effective in aiding with the transition for both ourselves and our daughter... Thank you.