4 tips when studying for exams
- Establish a routine early in the term to review your course content on a regular basis. "ICE" is a great approach to your class work:
- define IDEAS (concepts/terms)
- identify CONNECTIONS between concepts/terms
- practice or review EXAMPLES
- Stay engaged in course content by studying in a variety of ways. (Reading, groups, peer-to-peer discussions, tutorials, etc.)
- Ask for clarification or help early, often and at all levels. The trick is to get your questions answered before the next class because the material may build on previous class work.
- Practice applying what you learn whenever you can.
Form more resources including test anxiety, test writing, cramming and time management please visit the Student Success Office website