Arts Computing Office (ACO) most frequently asked questions (FAQs)
- Forgot Your Password?
- Where do I go to check my email?
- How do I connect to the wireless network on campus?
- How do I print in Arts?
- I need help with a certain software program
- What happens to my uWaterloo account after I graduate?
- Go to the WatIAM Login page.
- Enter your userID.
- Click Forgot Password? to bring up your security questions.
- Answer your security questions correctly to create your new password. This password will be used for your Nexus, Quest and WatIAM account.
If you cannot remember the answers to your security questions, come with your WatCard to the ACO help desk in PAS 1077 or the IST Service Desk in the Davis Centre Library.
- To check your University of Waterloo email from any computer:
- Log in with your WatIAM userID (your Quest userID) and your Nexus or WatIAM password (these are the same passwords in all but a few cases).
- Choose the eduroam network.
- Authenticate with
- userID@uwaterloo.ca (replace userID with your WatIAM userID)
- Your Quest/ WatIAM password.
- If you are still unable to connect:
- See Information Systems & Technology's (IST) eduroam page with full instructions for Mac and Windows computers.
- If you don't have a Quest / WatIAM userID or a valid userID at another eduroam institution, you may be able to obtain a guest account through NetID to access eduroam. Please see IST's page on connecting to eduroam for more information.
See our printing help and support page for information on how to print in arts.
The ACO can assist with some software programs. There are also other options available through Information Systems and Technology (IST).
- IST offers students temporary Lynda.com accounts. Lynda.com is a website which offers thousands of quality training videos on a number of different software programs. See IST's Lynda.com page for more information.
- There may be a support person available at uWaterloo for the particular program you need help with. IST provides a list of contacts for specific applications.