Computing questions? Connect with the Arts Computing Office Help Desk on our live chat! Available Monday to Friday, 9:30AM - 4:30PM, with some exceptions.
Online course content
- Learning management system (LEARN)/online course environment
- About LEARN
- LEARN documentation and instructions for instructors
- Get LEARN help by emailing email@example.com or contacting the Centre for Teaching Excellence (CTE) Arts liaison
- Centre for Teaching Excellence (CTE) support for faculty and staff
- Online courses
Computing from home
There are a number of tools University employees can leverage to stay connected with colleagues and students while working remotely.
Most classrooms are equipped with audiovisual equipment, a podium computer that instructors can use with their Nexus account, and the ability to use the podium computer or a laptop with the projector (and sound system if applicable).
The campus wireless network is available in all indoor areas, including classrooms. Due to the nature of wireless networks, use of high-bandwidth applications or web sites by large classes over the wireless network is inadvisable. If you have a need for highly interactive computer use by a class, please discuss possible solutions with either ACO staff or the CTE Arts liaison well in advance.
Labs available for booking through your department's scheduling representative:
- East Campus Hall (ECH) 1205 - specific courses priority
- Psychology-Anthropology-Sociology (PAS) 1237 - general use
- Modern Languages (ML) 109, and 113 - language courses
Public computing labs available for general use include:
PAS 1080, 1098, 1099 (all open 24/7) and 1237
PAS 1098 (open 24/7)
Computing lab software
- Instructors may request online course evaluations on a term by term basis for Arts courses they are teaching. Requests should be made in the first six weeks of the term. Results of online course evaluations that have been completed and released to instructors from previous terms are accessible through the UW evaluate website.
- Paper evaluations are returned 7 days (3 in the Fall term) after marks are due.
- Lab facilities and software for undergraduate students
- Lab facilities and software for graduate students
- wPrint printing and scanning/copying are available in PAS 1099.