Computing questions? Connect with the Arts Computing Office Help Desk on our live chat! Available Monday to Friday, 9:30AM - 4:30PM, with some exceptions.
What is happening? IST will activate Microsoft Office 365 accounts for members of the following groups that have not yet activated their account:
- Member is full time faculty, or
- Member is full time staff, or
- Member is full time contract (temporary), or
- Member has a job with the “Job Family Group” equal to “Affiliated Colleges/Institutions Family Group”.
Why is this happening? To allow employees immediate access to the suite of Microsoft Office 365 applications (removes activation wait period) and to prepare for a future deployment of Office ProPlus.
When is this happening? Accounts will be activated by 9:00 a.m. on Thursday, September 19.
What do users need to do? No action is required.
How do I access my Office 365 account?
- Browser-based: Use your WatIAM credentials to log in via portal.office.com to access and immediately use the O365 applications, download the desktop apps, and/or install Office on other personal computers, tablets or mobile devices (up to five of each).
- Mobile: Download O365 mobile apps to your mobile device.
For more information on Microsoft Office 365, please visit https://uwaterloo.ca/office-365.
Questions or concerns? Please submit a Request Tracker (RT) ticket to rt-IST-ISC-iApps@rt.uwaterloo.ca.