Computing questions? Connect with the Arts Computing Office Help Desk on our live chat! Available Monday to Friday, 9:30AM - 4:30PM, with some exceptions.
What is happening? Some changes to how email accounts are provisioned in Connect are being implemented:
- All users will be able to change their mail delivery address if the field in WatIAM is blank.
- If the mail delivery address contains any value (@edu.uwaterloo.ca, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.), the field will not be updated automatically.
Changes for employees and graduate students
- Connect email accounts will be provisioned automatically when users claim their Workday or Quest record and their mail delivery address in WatIAM is set to 'email@example.com'.
- Note: The mail delivery address for employees will only be filled automatically if the mail delivery address field is blank when they claim their Workday record.
If there is a value in the WatIAM mail delivery address field, users will be able to change the mail delivery address as long as it is not set to @connect.uwaterloo.ca or @edu.uwaterloo.ca
Changes for @connect.uwaterloo.ca and @edu.uwaterloo.ca can be requested by submitting an RT.
Changes for generic accounts
- Users will need to be sponsored first in Grouper.
- Request can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once the user ID has been sponsored in Grouper, the Service Desk will be able to change the mail delivery address in WatIAM to provision the email account.
When is this happening? Monday, December 16.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, email@example.com or ext. 44357.