Computing questions? Connect with the Arts Computing Office Help Desk on our live chat! Available Monday to Friday, 9:30AM - 4:30PM, with some exceptions.
What is happening?
The current VPN solution is at end-of-life. New hardware will be implemented to support campus VPN connections.
When is this happening?
Tuesday, November 6 at 7:00 a.m.
What do users need to do?
No action is required.
On the cut-over date, cn-vpn.uwaterloo.ca will be directed at the new VPN IP address
- When a user connects to the new VPN, AnyConnect will be upgraded
The Cisco AnyConnect client will continue to be the required client
- The AnyConnect client is required for both SSL VPN and IPSec VPN connections.
- On first connect, version 3.x AnyConnect clients will be updated to the latest version
- Address Ranges:
- IST will be migrating the VPN pools from the old VPN hardware to the new VPN hardware as requested
- The address range for the campus VPN will remain as: 172.16.36.0/23 and fd74:6b6a:8eca:504::/64
- VPN service address:
o cn-vpn.uwaterloo.ca will continue to be used after the migration for connecting from off campus and Resnet
- Platforms tested:
- Windows 10 (AnyConnect)
- Mac (AnyConnect)
- iOS (AnyConnect)
- Android (AnyConnect)
- Ubuntu 16.04, 17.10, 18.04 (OpenConnect)
- Fedora 28 (OpenConnect)
- Debian 9 (OpenConnect)
- Arch Linux (OpenConnect)
- OpenBSD 6.3 (OpenConnect)
- FreeBSD 11 (OpenConnect)
Questions or concerns?
Please contact the ACO Help Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 33190.