Computing questions? Connect with the Arts Computing Office Help Desk on our live chat! Available Monday to Friday, 9:30AM - 4:30PM, with some exceptions.
What is happening? Overleaf, the LaTeX-powered cloud service for document collaboration, will be moving to Active Directory Federation Service (ADFS) authentication.
When is this happening? Monday July 6.
What is changing for users?
- Overleaf users will be able to authenticate using their University of Waterloo credentials.
- The University's Overleaf portal page (https://overleaf.com/edu/uwaterloo) will be updated to direct users to link their University credentials to their Overleaf accounts.
- The 'Login through your institution' option on the main Overleaf authentication page (https://overleaf.com/login) will also support @uwaterloo.ca email logins.
- Users will see a reminder in their Overleaf Project Dashboard to log in using their University credentials if they have not logged in already.
- Existing University of Waterloo Overleaf users with separate passwords on their Overleaf accounts will continue being able to log in with those passwords.
- New users who sign up after July 6 with a @uwaterloo.ca email address will be required to confirm their affiliation with the University by providing their UW credentials.
Questions or concerns? Please submit a request at rt-IST-CSSoftware@rt.uwaterloo.ca.