Computing questions? Connect with the Arts Computing Office Help Desk on our live chat! Available Monday to Friday, 9:30AM - 4:30PM, with some exceptions.
What is happening? Patches will be applied to the Skype server in order to upgrade to the latest release.
When is this happening? Patches will be applied between Wednesday, January 15 and Wednesday January 22. The following will take place to minimize user impact:
- Wednesday, January 15 at 10:00 p.m.
- Skype MC user pool will be failed over to EC2 user pool.
- Friday, January 17 at 10:00 p.m.
- Skype MC pool will be brought back into service. Existing MC users will be failed back to the MC pool.
- Monday, January 20 at 10:00 p.m.
- Skype EC2 user pool will be failed over to the MC user pool.
- Wednesday, January 22 at 10:00 p.m.
- Skype EC2 pool will be brought back into service. Existing EC2 users will be failed back to the EC2 pool.
Note: The failover process takes approximately 30 minutes.
What is the impact to users? Users will disconnect and reconnect for each of the instances above, however active calls should be unaffected.
Questions or concerns? Please contact the IST Service Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 44357.