Computing questions? Connect with the Arts Computing Office Help Desk on our live chat! Available Monday to Friday, 9:30AM - 4:30PM, with some exceptions.
What is happening? All WCMS "FDSU", single page, conference and publication sites are being upgraded to WCMS 2.9.0. This release does not affect UWaterloo Scholar sites. Full release notes are available, which are subject to change.
When is this happening?
Dev sites will be updated:
- Wednesday, September 23 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Pilot sites will be updated:
- Wednesday, September 23 from 8:00 p.m. to Thursday, September 24 at 9:00 a.m.
Feeds sites and uwat.ca will be updated:
- Monday, September 28 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Production sites will be updated:
- Monday, September 28 from 8:00 p.m. to Tuesday, September 29 at 9:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, September 29 from 8:00 p.m. to Wednesday, September 30 at 9:00 a.m.
- Wednesday, September 30 from 8:00 p.m. to Thursday, October 1 at 9:00 a.m.
- Thursday, October 1 from 8:00 p.m. to Friday, October 2 at 9:00 a.m.
Vote sites and sites on the forms server (e.g. uwaterloo.ca/forms) will be updated:
- Tuesday, October 6 from 8:00 p.m. to Wednesday, October 7 at 9:00 a.m.
Training sites will be updated:
- Starting Tuesday, October 6 at 9:00 a.m. and continuing as needed
What you need to do before the upgrade begins: On forms sites, it is recommended that any “mission critical” forms be temporarily disabled prior to the upgrade window to avoid the slight chance that a form could be submitted while your site is being upgraded. All forms can be re-enabled following the upgrade window.
For all sites, please log out of your site and do not work on your site during this upgrade window. Sites will remain available to site visitors during the upgrade window.
Questions or concerns? Please submit to email@example.com or the IST Service Desk, firstname.lastname@example.org, ext. 44357.