Computing questions? Connect with the Arts Computing Office Help Desk on our live chat! Available Monday to Friday, 9:30AM - 4:30PM, with some exceptions.
If you will be on vacation or out of the office, you can create an "autoreply" message that will be sent to anyone who sends you an email.
Learn how to set a vacation message:
The following instructions will guide you to set up and manage your autoreply messages through Office 365 or myWaterloo.ca.
Using Office 365 accounts
Setting up your autoreply message:
- Log into your Office 365 account.
- Click on the Mail icon .
- Click on the settings icon on the top bar .
- Click on Automatic replies.
- Click on Send automatic replies and fill in the details.
- Once you're done, click on OK (at the top on the section).
Faculty, staff, and graduate students
The following instructions will guide you to set up and manage your autoreply messages for connect/exchange accounts.
Using connect/exchange accounts
Setting up your autoreply message through Outlook:
Detailed instructions are available from Microsoft's page on how to use the Out of Office Assistant in Outlook.
Setting your autoreply message through the web interface:
- Log into the connect/exchange server, through the Outlook Web App.
- Select Options in the upper right corner, and then choose Set Automatic Replies… from the dropdown menu.
- Select the Send automatic replies radio button.
- Fill in the details (you will need to scroll down for all of the options).
- For more information on the various settings, see How to Use Outlook Web Access to Turn On and Turn Off the Out of Office Feature.
- Select Save in the lower right corner.