Eligibility criteria

The Chain Bridge in Budapest, Hungary

For any academic exchange or study abroad program, you need to meet the minimum requirements for the university you want to go to.

View specific requirements for each university

Minimum average

The minimum average required varies by country or university. Your overall average needs to meet the minimum for you to be able to go on exchange.

Where you want to go The average you need
  • Universities in
    • Australia
    • New Zealand
    • United Kingdom
    • EWHA Womans University (Seoul)
All other exchange destinations 70%

Year level

Most of our exchange agreements require you to have completed at least 2 years of university studies before going on your exchange.

Usually, you’ll go on exchange during your third year. It’s possible to go in your fourth year, but doing so will delay your graduation.

Language requirements

Many of our exchange programs do not require you to be able to speak the official language of the country you are going to. Exceptions include some programs in France and Sweden, and most programs in China, Germany, Spain, and Switzerland.

Proficiency or fluency in the language of the country you’re going to may allow you to take a wider range of courses while on exchange.

Co-op vs. regular

Both co-op and regular students are eligible to go on exchange.

If you’re in co-op, you need to plan your exchange more carefully to make sure you can complete all of your requirements before graduation. You may have to change your sequence of work and study terms, or replace one of your work terms with an exchange.