SEE Canada Selection Committee - Terms of reference
The SEE Canada Grant will provide an opportunity for University staff members to further their professional development through idea-exchange and learning alongside counterparts at other Canadian universities, colleges, research institutions or industry-partner organizations. Recipients are expected to be able to apply what they’ve learned to their role at Waterloo.
The SEE Canada Selection Committee will be tasked with advertising the SEE Canada Grant as well as selecting and awarding Grant recipients.
- Associate Provost, Human Resources
- Director, HR Client Services
- Past-President of the Staff Association
- A Past SEE Canada Grant winner, or SIEF winner
Resources to committee
- HR representative to help with communications and online content
- A staff member, provided by the UWSA, to act as administrative support to the committee
The selection committee will be tasked with:
- Preparing all announcements and advertisements for the Grant
- Hosting information sessions to promote the program
- Reviewing all applications according to the eligibility criteria, outlined below
- Interviewing all applicants
- Collaboratively choosing the Grant recipients
- Marilyn Thompson, Associate Provost, Human Resources is the chair of the committee and will be responsible for announcing the Grant recipients.