What is program evaluation?
Program evaluation is a systematic way of critically analyzing the value and impact of a program. The Fall Break Project was evaluated during the first three-year pilot (2016-2018), and the Fall Reading Week Project will be evaluated during the second three-year pilot (2019-2021).
Goals of the Fall Reading Week program evaluation
- Provide Senate, administrators, faculty, staff and students with additional information to help them make an informed decision about whether the Fall Reading Week will continue after the three-year pilot.
- Inform service and program improvement initiatives to promote student success before, during, and after the Fall Reading Week.
Fall Reading Week program evaluation will answer
- What does a ‘good’ break look like and are we facilitating the conditions of a ‘good’ break?
- How is the Fall Reading Week being used and what are students’ perceptions around the usefulness and value of the Fall Reading Week?
- Is the current time and length of Fall Reading Week meeting student needs?