Data Driven Biomedical Applications of AI
Events are open to industry, faculty and post docs - please register to attend to ensure there is enough pizza for everyone!
The goals of the events are to:
- Connect researchers to promote interdisciplinary research team building and be proactive for major grant opportunities.
- Provide a venue to highlight Waterloo’s research and understand the challenges faced and being pursued by industry.
How can AI can be used to support patient care and system improvements?
Theme applications include:
- Intelligent telemetry for improving monitoring and home care support for patients and families and healthcare providers
- Natural language processing of medical records to identify probability of cancer recurrence
- Personalized transfer learning
- Computational models of emotional alignment between older adults with dementia, care partners, and technological assistants
- Multi-sensor integration and IoT for community health
- Yuri Quintana, Ph.D., Chief of the Division of Clinical Informatics, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Harvard Medical School
University of Waterloo Speakers
- Mohammad Kohandel, Applied Mathematics
- Helen Chen, School of Public Health and Health Systems
- Pascal Poupart, Computer Science
- Plinio Morita, School of Public Health and Health Systems
- Moojan Ghafurian, Post-doc, Computer Science
Agenda and more details can be found on our Faculty Research Networking Events page.
IP Series events are open to all UW faculty, staff, students and post docs. Registration is required to ensure there is enough pizza and pop for all!