One way we maintain a strong brand is through the use of consistent and unified stationery, including business cards, letterhead, envelopes and memos.
Expand the following sections for guidelines on how to order and use each type of stationery.
You can order professionally printed business cards from Creative Services. There are a few different business card templates available for different contexts.
The front of the card can use the standard University branding, or it can be co-branded with a Senate-approved centre or institute logo.
University of Waterloo
The back of the card can use any of the following options:
- Official seal — Shows the standard University branding with official seal.
- Partnership or support unit — Shows the partner’s logo with text describing the connection to Waterloo.
- Second language — Displays a translation of the front side of the business card in a second language.
- Dual appointment — Shows a second role if the individual has a dual appointment.
Official with University seal
Partnership or support unit
You can use the following approved letterhead options for official University communications. Order professionally printed letterhead from Creative Services or access email and print templates.
The first page can use any of the following options:
- University brand — Includes the University logo, main campus address and official seal.
- Faculty/department/unit — Includes the University logo with faculty, department or administrative unit contact information.
- Co-brand — Includes the logo of Senate-approved centres or institutes and their contact information.
The second page of the Waterloo letterhead always has the University seal in the bottom right-hand corner. Use this version with the University, faculty, department, unit and co-brand letterhead.
If you’re emailing a letter, use the official University e-Letterhead template [MS Word]. If you need faculty, department, unit or co-branded letterhead, order it from Creative Services.
When printing on letterhead, use the preprinted letterhead template [MS Word] to format your document with the correct margins.
You can order official University envelopes through the Central Stores Service and Stock catalogue.
Envelopes can incorporate the name of a faculty, department, unit or Senate-approved centre or institute. On most stock envelopes, Central Stores will print this information under the university logo free of charge.
Use the University of Waterloo memo template for internal communications.