University Relations is excited to announce that registration is now open for the 'Understanding our brand' and 'Working with our brand guidelines' training sessions. These sessions are being offered as part of the Brand Refinement Project implementation.In these sessions, you’ll gain an understanding of Waterloo’s refined brand platform, guidelines and tools and how they can help you create effective communications.
You’ll also learn about:
- the difference between our brand story and brand promise and how to use them
- creating communications that effectively reach and engage your key audiences
- defining the personality and tone of your communications
- using the storytelling toolkit to create engaging content
- applying the colour bar and logo in your communications.
Training is free, and is open to staff, faculty and students.
Understanding our brand
An in-depth presentation demonstrating:
- What a brand platform is and how it can be used
- An overview of Waterloo’s brand platform and how it informs our work, messaging and guidelines.
You’ll also learn how to use our brand platform as a tool to ensure your communications articulate who we are, what we do, what we value, and what differentiates us from other universities.
Working with our brand guidelines
Part presentation and part workshop, this module introduces and explains the visual expression of our brand, including presentation of a case study. It also provides an opportunity for participants to work through an existing or sample project to apply the brand guidelines.
Note: attendees will receive credit for attending these training sessions through HRinfo.
The brand team’s goal is to enable campus to understand and reflect our refined brand in the work we do every day. Contact us to arrange a custom presentation for you and your team.