Welcome back for another term at University of Waterloo. Here’s an overview of some of the Campus Wellness services you can access as a University of Waterloo student:
- Health Services – Student Medical Clinic: Provides compassionate, caring, and inclusive medical services to University of Waterloo students including walk-in and booked appointments for primary medical care; mental health office; on-site laboratory; sexually transmitted infection testing; immunizations and allergy injections; birth control dispensary, emergency contraception and pregnancy tests; nutrition services; and travel medicine.
- Health Services – Family Health Clinic: Provides primary care to registered students with dependents, post-doctoral researchers, visiting scholars, and their families, including parents or siblings, who come to Waterloo to support individuals during their academic career at University of Waterloo.
- Counselling Services: Provides inclusive, non-judgmental help to support your personal, interpersonal, and academic life through: Coping Skills seminars on subjects like self-care; workshops on skills like mindfulness, meditation, reducing anxiety, and more; individual counselling for personal concerns and coping skills; crisis intervention during difficult times; group therapy; and mental health training.
As you arrive back in Waterloo remember to keep your health and mental health a priority by practicing self-care. Learn more about different aspects of self-care in our previous posts like:
- Optimizing your room for sleep success
- How to incorporate meditation into your life
- What is self-care and how to practice it
If you’d like to make an appointment with one of our Campus Wellness services, give us a call or stop in one of our offices to make an appointment. You can contact Health Services at 519-888-4096 or find us in the Health Services building. You can contact Counselling Services at 519-888-4567 ext. 32655 or find us in Needles Hall North on the second floor.