It’s Halloween, and you know what that means: costumes, treats and lots of spooky fun. We understand that it’s time to unwind after midterms and before final season starts ramping up. Here are some tips to make sure you can enjoy Halloween safely:
- Plan an escape route. Assign a Designated Driver or discuss with your friends how everyone is going to get home. Whether it’s Uber, the bus, or walking, make sure everyone knows how they’re going to get home safely.
- Don’t be afraid to say no. There are many things to be scared of on Halloween night, make sure saying no isn’t one of them! If you’re uncomfortable in a situation or action, make it clear that you don’t want it.
- Keep an eye on your drink. There are few things more horrifying than having your drink tampered with. The only way to ensure that this doesn't happen is to not let anyone top off your drink and never leave your drink unattended.
- Leave the potion making to witches. Avoid mixing alcohol with other substances such as medication or caffeine.
- Don’t forget the treats. Halloween night isn’t only about tricks, remember to eat something before and in between drinks. This can help slow the metabolizing of alcohol in your body, making sure you don’t get sick.
Keep these tips in mind in order to safely survive Halloween night. Remember, while dressing up for Halloween is all good and fun, make sure your costume is respectful to others. Want to read more on what makes a costume appropriate, click the links below: