Do you have Asthma? A Respiratory Therapist from St. Mary’s General Hospital comes to Health Services regularly to assist students in managing their asthma. You can talk to your Health Services Doctor or Nurse Practitioner about making an appointment.
During a visit with the Respiratory Therapist you’ll complete:
- Breathing test (Spirometry)
- Asthma control assessment
- Medication needs assessment
Take our quiz to find out if a Respiratory Therapist appointment could be a good idea for you:
- Do you use your blue inhaler 2 or more times a week? (Except one dose/day for exercise)
- Do you cough, wheeze, or have a tight chest because of your asthma? (2 or more days a week)
- Do coughing, wheezing, or chest tightness wake you at night? (1 or more times a week)
- Have you stopped exercising because of your asthma? (In the past 3 months)
- Have you missed work or school because of your asthma (In the past 3 months)
If you answered Yes to any one of the five questions, talk to your doctor about improving your asthma control. To make an appointment with a Health Services Doctor or Nurse Practitioner, call 519-888-4096.