Do you have Asthma? Did you know a Respiratory Therapist from St. Mary’s General Hospital comes to Health Services regularly to assist students in managing their asthma?
During a visit with the Respiratory Therapist you’ll complete:
- Breathing test (Spirometry)
- Asthma control assessment
- Medication needs assessment
You can talk to your Health Services Doctor or Nurse Practitioner about making an appointment.
Take our quiz to find out if a Respiratory Therapist appointment could be a good idea for you:
- Do you use your blue inhaler 2 or more times a week? (Except one dose/day for exercise)
- Do you cough, wheeze, or have a tight chest because of your asthma? (2 or more days a week)
- Do coughing, wheezing, or chest tightness wake you at night? (1 or more times a week)
- Have you stopped exercising because of your asthma? (In the past 3 months)
- Have you missed work or school because of your asthma (In the past 3 months)
If you answered Yes to any one of the five questions, you should talk to your doctor about improving your asthma control. To make an appointment with a Health Services Doctor or Nurse Practitioner, call 519-888-4096.