Sometimes when you need help or someone to talk to it doesn’t always fit into conventional office hours. We wanted to take this post to highlight the different options that are available to you if you need mental health support or medical assistance when our offices are closed.
- Good2Talk (1-866-925-5454): Good2Talk is a free, confidential helpline providing professional counselling and information and referrals for mental health, addictions and well-being to post-secondary students in Ontario, 24/7/365.
- Here 24/7 (1-844-437-3247): Here 24/7 is the front door to the addictions, mental health and crisis services provided by 12 agencies across Waterloo Wellington. All you need to do is reach out to them 24/7. They do the intake, assessment, referral, crisis, waitlist and appointment booking work for these important programs.
- After-hours medical clinics: There are many walk-in clinics in Waterloo Region with later hours. You can find a list of them on our Health Services page.
- UW Police (519-888-4567 ext. 22222): The UW Police can put you in touch with after-hours help. If you are concerned for your safety you can call UW Police at ext. 22222, call 911, or visit an emergency room.
- Grand River Hospital (519-742-3611): Grand River Hospital is one of two hospitals in Kitchener-Waterloo.
- St. Mary’s Hospital (519-744-3311): St. Mary’s Hospital is one of two hospitals in Kitchener-Waterloo.
These are just a few of the many wellness resources available in our community. For a larger list of wellness resources, see our Wellness Resources Database.