House of Friendship offers help across Waterloo Region in four key areas:
- Addiction Treatment: House of Friendship has a range of services provided by trained professionals using evidence-based practices. There is no cost to participate.
- Food: Emergency Food Hamper Program is here to help people living in the cities of Kitchener and Waterloo who have no food and no way of getting some.
- Housing: House of Friendship provides emergency shelter for men as well as long-term, permanent supportive housing for single adults.
- Neighbourhoods: House of Friendship can connect you with a wide range of community resources that help families living on low income, whether it is after-school programming, community support groups, or summer camp sponsorship.
Who can use this service:
- Current students
- Current undergraduate students
- Current graduate students
- Future students
- Future undergraduate students
- Future graduate students
How to request this service:
To start your application for addiction services, call 1-844-437-3247 (HERE247).
To access the Emergency Food Hamper Program, visit 807 Guelph Street, Kitchener Monday to Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Please bring a valid piece of identification with your name on it. Call 519-742-8327 x 2 for more information.
For more information on how to access community services, the Charles Street men's shelter, or supportive housing, visit the House of Friendship website.