|Reports to:||Manager, Operations|
|Salary grade:||USG 3|
The Receptionist is the first point of contact in the Velocity Garage and helps build the Velocity community by providing a welcoming, comfortable atmosphere by getting to know Velocity company founders and their staff as well as having a comprehensive knowledge of all Velocity programs. The Receptionist will greet visitors, receive and distribute mail and answer phone calls and general emails. The Receptionist will also perform a variety of tasks that support the operations of Velocity that will require independent action and decision-making. The Receptionist will assist with the intake and exit process of companies in the Velocity Garage. The incumbent will also provide administrative support for the Velocity team.
Provide excellent customer service support
- Provide excellent customer service support at the Velocity Garage reception area in a professional manner.
- Provides information and shares knowledge on a wide variety of topics both specific and general.
- Monitor and respond to inquiries made to the Velocity email account.
- Escalate inquiries as necessary to the appropriate subject matter expert.
- Assist with the coordination of meeting requests and meeting rooms.
- Receive and distribute mail to Velocity Garage companies.
General Office Administration
- Provide administrative support for Velocity team including booking meetings, meeting rooms and general support.
- Assist with the intake and exit processes for Velocity Garage companies.
- Provide support for maintaining the Velocity databases to ensure that company and employee information is always up to date.
- Coordinate with the Administrative Assistant to order office supplies.
- Maintain the organization and cleanliness of the reception area and Velocity Garage kitchens.
- Coordinate with coffee supplier for weekly delivery of supplies.
- Attend Velocity events as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as required.
Enrolled or completion of a college program or a combination of education and experience
Up to two years of business experience in an administrative role.
Excellent customer service and communication skills (written/oral). Strong organizational skills with the ability to be resourceful and self-motivated as well as manage multiple tasks and deadlines. Attention to detail. Professionalism - able to maintain confidentiality of company information. Proficient in Word and Excel with knowledge of Salesforce an asset.
Nature and Scope
Contacts: Communicates with Velocity team members and companies on a regular basis to coordinate and execute area of responsibility.
Level of Responsibility: The position is responsible for supporting processes within the Operations team ensuring that all practices meet defined quality and service objectives. Responsible for ensuring confidentiality of data and any client interactions is maintained. This position has defined duties and responsibilities with no direct reports.
Decision-Making Authority: Responsible for decision making and problem solving within the parameters of the process that is being supported. Investigates issues, provides information and explanation to those involved and makes adjustments/corrections as necessary. Consultation with Manager, Operations is required where appropriate.
Physical and Sensory Demands: Moderate sensory demands typical of a position in a very busy, customer focused office environment with constant interruptions.
Working Environment: Position is located at the Velocity Garage in Downtown Kitchener. Regular interruptions to support customers is to be expected.