- When unforeseen circumstances arise, menus may need to be modified. Catering & Event Services will, in all instances, substitute a comparable or greater quality product that is consistent with the menu.
- Special dietary, child and vegetarian alternatives are also available.
- Catering & Event Services is very happy to customize our menu offerings, should you prefer something that isn’t listed in our brochure.
Food Allergens/Meal Restrictions
- While UW Food Services does not have gluten-free or allergen free kitchens and serving lines, we take every precaution to check ingredient information and to ensure that that cross contamination of ingredients does not occur. Ingredients and nutritional content may vary. Because manufacturers may change their product formulation or consistency without our knowledge and product availability may fluctuate, we cannot completely guarantee products are gluten or allergen free.
- It is the responsibility fo the customer with food allergies or other specified nutrition concerns to make the final judgment on whether or not to question the ingredients of a food item or to choose to eat the foods selected. Guests are encouraged are encouraged to consider information provided, to their own satisfaction, in light of their own individual needs and requirements.
Pricing, taxes & Gratuity
- Prices listed in this brochure are subject to change.
- Minimum sales apply to all orders.
- All prices apply to events held in Federation Hall on the University of Waterloo Campus. An off-site surcharge will apply for all other locations.
- Catering on weekends and/or statutory holidays may incur additional labour charges.
- All prices are subject to HST. All food and beverages are subject to a 15% gratuity for full-service events.
Payment & Guaranteed numbers
- For Full-service Catering, a non-refundable deposit of $500 is required upon confirmation of the event.
- A guaranteed number of guests is required ten (10) business days prior to the event, at which time a 90% payment of the total billing is also required by certified cheque, and after which a cancellation fee will be charged if the event is cancelled. If numbers increase after this time additional charges may be incurred.
- Catering & Event Services will set-up and prepare 5% above the guaranteed number of guests. If numbers increase, the final invoice will be adjusted to reflect the guaranteed number of guests or the actual number of meals served, whichever is greater. An invoice will be issued after the event for the remaining balance. University account numbers do not require a deposit.
- For Health and Safety reasons, extra food is not permitted to leave the specified catering location.
- All drop-off catering outside of Federation Hall includes compostable tableware and linen tablecloths. China tableware is available upon request for a nominal charge.
- We encourage our clients to order food and beverages a minimum of three (3) business days prior to their event.
- Guaranteed number of guests is required four (4) days prior to the event. Reducing the number of guaranteed guests (15% maximum) is allowed up to four (4) business days prior to the event. Increasing the number of guests is subject to product and staffing ability. Cancellations made within two (2) business days before the event will be charged the full amount of the total invoice. Cancellations made within four (4) days of the event will be charged 25% of the total invoice.
- Catering & Event Services will deliver fifteen (15) minutes prior to the event starting time. To ensure that your order is secure, we recommend that someone be present to accept delivery. Catering & Event Services is not responsible for unattended events after delivery. Subsequent pick-up of equipment after the initial attempt will have an additional pick-up charge.
- All deliveries are for immediate consumption only and we assume no responsibility for handling after the delivery due to health regulations.
- Tables are required for all deliveries and it is the client’s responsibility to have them set up and in place. If you require assistance in renting tables or equipment, Catering & Event Services will be happy to make these arrangements for you.
- For Drop-off Catering, deposits are not normally required but may be requested in certain cases.
- The University of Waterloo is licensed through the Alcohol and Gaming Commission (AGCO) and is responsible for all alcoholic beverages sales and service.
- Bar services must be booked a minimum of ten (10) working days prior to the event if located in a licensed area, otherwise a minimum of fifteen (15) working days is required.
- All bars are invoiced based on minimum net beverage sales
- A cancellation fee will apply if the event is cancelled within five (5) working days or less prior to the event.
- Minimum net beverage sales include the service of a bartender(s) and set-up fees.
- Prices are subject to change without notice and include all applicable taxes.
- Guaranteed number of guests is required 4 days prior to the event. Reducing the number of guaranteed guests (15% maximum) is allowed up to 4 business days prior to the event. Increasing the number of guests is subject to product and staffing ability.
- Tables are required for all deliveries and it is the client’s responsibility to have them set up and in place. If you require assistance in renting tables or equipment, UW Catering will be happy to make these arrangements for you.