Position: One PhD student, for 3-4 years
Supervised by Professor Norman Zhou
Employer: University of Waterloo, Faculty of Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Work location: Waterloo
Starting date: Spring or Winter 2011
We have an open graduate research assistantship position for the PhD degree on nanomaterials and adhesive bonding towards the applications of microelectronics interconnection, optoelectronic packaging, sensing and flexible electronics development. This position is available for Spring 2010 and till filled.
- Synthesis of Ag, Cu, BN nanowires through hydro/solvothermal growth
- Functionalization and characterization of nanomaterials aim at enhanced polymeric materials
- Development of nano-fillered enhanced adhesive composites
- Nanomaterial-based sensing, multi-channel diagnosis, and smart sensing
- University degree in material, electrical, or mechanical engineering, experimental/applied physics, chemical physics.
- Successful publications are required.
- Computing simulation skills using various methods, such as, Molecular dynamics, are plus.
- Canadians and landing immigrants have priority but not required.