BASc (1963), MASc (1964), PhD (1966) (Toronto)
- Microstructure and properties of joined materials (welding, brazing)
- Physics and control of joining processes (arc and laser welding, etc.)
- Solidification of alloys (e.g. eutectics, peritectics)
- Sensing & automation of joining processes
- Teaching of mathematics in elementary schools
- International & industrial collaboration: joining education & research
- W. Tan, Y. Zhou, H.W. Kerr and S. Lawson, (2004),“A Study of Dynamic Resistance during Small-Scale Resistance Spot Welding of Thin Ni”, J. Phys. D: Appl. Phys., 37, 1998-2008.
- W. Tan, W., Zhou, Y and Kerr. H.W., (2002), “Effects of Au Plating on Small-Scale Resistance Spot Welding of Thin Sheet Nickel”, Metall. Mater. Trans. A, 33A, 2667-76
- Nguyen, T.C., Weckman, D.C., Johnson, D.A., Kerr, H.W., (2006), “High Speed Fusion Weld Bead Defects”, Sci. Technol. Welding Joining., 11,(6) 618-633.
- Lawson, W.H.S. and Kerr, H.W, (2003), “Increasing the Strength of GMA Welds in 6000 Series Aluminum Alloys.”, Can. Weld. Assoc. Journal, 1(1), 30-34.
- Nguyen, T.C., Weckman, D.C., Johnson, D.A., Kerr, H.W., (2005),, “The Humping Phenomenon during High Speed Gas Metal Arc Welding”, Sci. Technol. Welding Joining, 10, (4), 447-459.
- Deutsch, M.G., Punkari, A., Weckman, D.C., Kerr, H.W., (2003), “The Weldability of 1.6 mm Thick AA5182 Aluminum Sheet by Single and Dual-Beam Nd:YAG Laser Welding”, Sci. Technol. Welding Joining, 8(4), 246-256.
University of Waterloo