- How do students define the characteristics of a high-quality co-op experience?
- What factors do students identify as influencers of the quality of the co-op experience?
- What are the associations between quality of co-op experience and students' outcomes (i.e., academic, personal, professional)?
Research Design: mixed methods, qualitative followed by quantitative
- Grounded theory approach to identify themes
- Survey items corresponding to themes identified from the literature used to design an online survey; collected feedback from 1,937 students
- Critical areas identified as impacting the quality of the work term experience from the student perspective
- Onboarding (e.g. training, socialization)
- Relationships (e.g. guidance, support)
- Psychological Empowerment (e.g. meaningfulness, impact)