The Waterloo Centre for German Studies is seeking qualified applicants for a new internship. As a Public German Studies intern, you will assist the Waterloo Centre for German Studies in communicating scholarly research to both academic and public audiences. During the period of the internship, you will put your communication and research skills to use while developing or deepening skills in web content design and management, podcast production, and social media promotion.
This internship is intended to provide graduate students in German studies (broadly defined as a research interest in any aspect of the German-speaking world) with an opportunity to learn about and gain skills in public scholarship. Previous experience with this area of scholarly communication is helpful but not required. As a Public German Studies intern, you will receive mentorship and training to support your work.
The internship requires a commitment of 100 hours (approximately 5 hours/week). The internship begins in October, but starting and end dates are negotiable. Remuneration is $25/hour. Interns will work remotely.
Deadline to apply: Applications are closed at this time.
- researching and writing copy for use on websites and newsletters
- providing research assistance and support for content production
- assisting in the management of website and other content
- providing social media support
- other administrative duties as assigned
- interns must be enrolled in a graduate program at a Canadian university at the time of applying and eligible to work in Canada
- applicants in any field of study are eligible, but they must demonstrate a central research interest in some aspect of the German-speaking world
- a 1-2 page letter outlining:
- your familiarity with and interest in public scholarship
- your experience in web content design and management, podcast production, and/or social media writing
- your own research interests in German studies, and how this internship will help you further your goals in this field
- the names and contact information of two references
- a cv/resumé