Our staff have developed numerous resources to assist instructors who want to enhance their teaching and improve their students' learning.
CTE Blog: From 2008 to 2017, CTE maintained a blog in which our staff -- as well as instructors and staff from other academic support units -- explored issues and ideas pertaining to teaching and learning. Although that blog is now closed, its 450+ posts are still available.
Research Guide: An excellent resource for those embarking on a teaching and learning research project for the first time. The Guide provides an overview of everything you’ll need to know when starting out, including:
- Keywords that will help you navigate the teaching and learning research literature,
- Links to discipline-specific, peer-reviewed teaching and learning research journals,
- Learning assessment tools that will help you evaluate the effectiveness of a teaching method or strategy,
- Information about the ethics approval process, and
- A list of teaching-related websites and blogs.
Teaching Tips: A searchable collection of more than a hundred brief and practical tip sheets that can help resolve issues across many teaching situations.
Teaching Stories: Stories profiling instructors at Waterloo whose teaching is especially effective, innovative, or remarkable.
YouTube Channel: Keynote talks from our signature events featuring experts in teaching and learning research and educational technologies, presentations from CTE staff and Waterloo instructors sharing first-hand experiences with impactful teaching strategies, how-to guides, and more.