Held each October, the midpoint between our annual UW Teaching and Learning conferences, Focus on Teaching Week brings together core workshops, new approaches, and guest speakers. Typically, the week begins with our full-day Course Design Fundamentals. CTE staff then collaborate with Waterloo faculty and graduate students to present on topics such as integrative learning, workplace learning, assessment, high impact practices, and active learning. In 2017, for example, we offered the following 9 workshops and events to 85 faculty, staff, and graduate students:
- CTE642 Course Design Fundamentals
- CTE778 Feedback Primer
- CTE779 Accessibility in Teaching and Learning
- CTE245 Writing Assignment Feedback
- CTE780 Can a Team Member Fail?
- CTE781 What is Problem Based Learning?
- CTE740 This is Problem Based Learning
- CTE782 Writing Effective Multiple Choice Questions
- CTE763 PLLO Assessment Learning Community: Signature Assessments